Does your workplace deserve recognition as a Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Skilled Workplace?
The MHFA Skilled Workplace Program celebrates workplaces for their commitment to Mental Health First Aid training. It is a way of recognising organisations across Australia who invest in training their people with mental health first aid skills and also show a strong commitment to integrating MHFA into their culture. The Program attracts workplaces from an array of different industries and sizes. Participating in this program is a clear demonstration of your commitment to building a mentally healthy workplace, both to your staff and your external stakeholders.
Why aim apply for recognition?
· Celebrating your progress
· Reinforcing your commitment
· Assisting in communicating a broader vision through continuous improvement
· Opportunity for promotion of recognition to staff and clients
· Recognition as a brand that values their people
How are you recognised?
There are three recognition tiers: Gold, Silver and Bronze.
Workplaces are assessed based on the percentage of staff trained in Mental Health First Aid and the successful implementation of MHFA into their work culture.
To be recognised, workplaces will be measured against criteria including:
1. The minimum percentage of staff trained within the last three years
2. The minimum number of Actions completed that demonstrates their commitment to Mental Health First Aid in their workplace.
For example, A large workplace (501- 1500 staff), who applies for Gold level recognition will need to have 5% of your workforce trained in Mental Health First Aid, and also complete and provide evidence of 8 Actions.
How are you recognised?
• An electronic Certificate of Recognition
• A digital badge, that can be used on your email signature or website
• Your company logo featured on the MHFA Australia website
• Your company being publicly recognised in the MHFA Australia Annual Report and possibly appearing across a range of their public communication channels.
Are you eligible?
If you are an Australian business with a worksite and have a minimum of five full time equivalent staff, then you are eligible to apply. This also includes consortiums, individual worksites of multi-site organisations and individual workplace departments.
The Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Skilled Workplace Program has created a Skilled Workplace Planning Tool which is a tailored plan for implementing Mental Health First Aid in your workplace, so you can monitor your progress towards recognition as a Gold, Silver or Bronze skilled workplace.
You can view this tool here
How to apply?
Workplaces can apply online anytime throughout the year and at no cost. This recognition lasts for two years, after which time you will need to reapply
You can apply here